We are looking for an experienced environmental supervisor to oversee our team of abatement technicians. In this role, you will be responsible to work with engineering, planning, mentoring staff, creating work schedules, and providing technical assistance.
To ensure success as an environmental supervisor, you should exhibit strong leadership skills and have sound knowledge of industrial abatement. You should also be able to ensure that work is done safely and per 29 CFR 1926.1101, 1926.62, USC Title 40, and other jurisdictional and related regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support site team members with planning, coordinating, and design needs.
- Plan and schedule projects, estimate time and materials, supervise subordinates, maintain records, files, and prepare reports.
- Plan and supervise the work of abatement technicians.
- Plan and prepare work schedules.
- Assign job tasks and work schedules.
- Ensuring the work is completed safely, to regulatory standards, and on time.
- Maintaining a safe and clean work area.
- Repairing and maintaining equipment as needed.
- Ability to walk and stand for extended periods of time.
- Proven work experience of 5+ years as an Environmental Supervisor or equivalent.
- Ability to travel.
- 10+ years of construction experience preferred.
- Must have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills.
- Exceptional knowledge of the Federal codes related to asbestos and heavy metals.
- OSHA 30 or higher and a current EPA asbestos supervisor certificate.
- Valid driver’s license.