Download our Employment Application
Champion Painting is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
The Payroll Manager is responsible to administer and oversee everything that is associated with paying the organization’s employees. This generally includes personnel file management, payroll processing, employment verification, garnishment processing, and ensuring compliance with State, Union, and Federal Labor Laws.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Compile and review payroll timesheets for accuracy and supervisor approvals
- Receive and input new hire applications into accounting software
- Process new hire applications and enforce hiring practices
- Update personnel record changes in system i.e., W-2’s, direct deposits, address, etc.
- Manage direct deposits, benefits withholdings, payroll deductions, garnishments, etc.
- Review and correct payroll reports for discrepancies
- Train payroll administrators on Dept. SOPS and ensure dept. compliance
- Proactive communication with project supervisors to reduce payroll issues
- Weekly certified payroll & OCIP reporting/management
- Maintain positive relationship with vendors & customers
- Manage employee files and I9 verifications
- Process expense reimbursements
- New hire multi-state reporting
- Audit payroll batches for discrepancies weekly
- Report problematic matters to supervisor immediately
- Answer, screen and transfer incoming calls, as needed
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, transcribing, and faxing
- High School Diploma (Associates Degree preferred)
- Proactive, team leader
- Problem solver
- Proven work experience in like role
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Experience with office equipment (i.e., fax machines and printers)
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to exercise critical-thinking methods to identify and solve problems.
- Be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
- Excellent organizational skills
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Experience with multi-state union payroll processing (strongly preferred)