Summary: The position will assist the CFO with overseeing all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements. Maintain internal controls and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, and project budgets and actual expenditures. Handle all account reconciliations, tax reporting and department tasks needed to ensure efficiency.
• Prepare financial reports
• Perform research & analysis & maintain the general ledger
• Collaborate with team to deliver relevant and timely reporting of financial data analytics.
• Bank reconciliations and related journal entries for all accounts
• Oversees daily billing processes and related reporting.
• Prepares all financial statements, WIP, over/under billing reports
• Prepares information as required for corporate tax return filing.
• Prepares financial reporting as required by banks.
• Prepares ongoing reports and special reporting as required by management.
• Works with Project management team to efficiently track cost and stay on budget
• Assist and manage all audits both, internal and external
• Investigating and resolving audit findings, account discrepancies, and issues of non-compliance
• Assisting with preparing and monitoring budgets
• Preparing federal, state, local, and special tax returns.
• Performing other accounting duties and supporting/mentoring junior staff as required or assigned.
• Minimum 5 years related experience in Construction Industry
• Working knowledge of tax laws and GAAP
• Accounting Software Preferred but not required: (Spreadsheet Server Software; Vista Viewpoint)
• Strong financial analysis skills.
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Strong organizational and stress management skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly with Excel.
• Bachelor’s Degree (BA) from four-year college or university is required
• Experienced with multiple unions, union payroll preferred but not required
• Payroll tax and unemployment tax reporting is required (multi-state)
• Ability to work minimum 45 hours per week
• In office work opportunity only. This position is not for remote workers.